Thursday 7 March 2013

My latest dolls

Selvedge asked me to make them some dolls on a gardening theme.

I started with Vita Sackville-West and her dog.
























Check out her fantastic lace up leather boots!




Next I made a couple of land girls...



























I'm a big fan of Alys Fowler though you wouldn't know it if you looked in my garden!
So I really enjoyed making a mini Alys and her dog Isabel.































And the last stylish gardener I tackled was Nancy Lancaster, this photo is so sweet.





















And here's my interpretation.....


























5 comments:

  1. I am filled with delight by these dolls.... and will almost certainly be purchasing one once they go on sale. They are absolutely perfect - so evocative, so English - and will be so at home in Tasmania (like me). Maybe you could do an Edna Walling doll one day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz!
    These dolls are all sold but after half term I'll be making another gardening group, Edna Walling could well be in there!
    If you'd like to email me, I could let you know when they're ready. xx
    Thanks again for the lovely comment, makes me smile, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Sarah - also, because of these dolls, my friend and I have discovered Alys Fowler, who is simply the best gardening inspiration with those frocks and gumboots, and that punk sensibility - again, so quintessentially English. Sometimes I wish Tasmania was closer to home, but if it was I expect it would become like Cornwall in summertime....I'll keep an eye on your shop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dolls are gorgeous and so much like the inspirations you used. I love them!

    I am a doll maker in the US. I just found your site today. Very soon I will have my website up and running, as soon as I can figure out all this computer stuff!

    I haven't made dolls in several years, but you have inspired me to start again. Please keep the ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolls are gorgeous and so much like the inspirations you used. I love them!

    I am a doll maker in the US. I just found your site today. Very soon I will have my website up and running, as soon as I can figure out all this computer stuff!

    I haven't made dolls in several years, but you have inspired me to start again. Please keep the ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete